Being a mutual is integral to how we think about our business and the way we look after our members, customers and our communities.
We believe mutuality has many advantages. It allows us to put our members and customers at the heart of all we do - rather than shareholders and the need to maximise short term profit for their benefit. This means we are able to focus on what's right for those who invest in our business. Not just for today, but for the long term.
We have a culture where our people really care about what they are trying to achieve. One where our guiding principles of Insight, Performance and Trust are not just words but actually mean something and affect the way we behave with our customers and each other.
We measure our commitment to doing the right thing in several ways:
- Investing for the long term to build on our financial strength
- Building lifelong relationships with our customers planning for greater financial responsibility
- Providing excellent customer service - 98% feel valued as a customer*
- Sharing in our success by offering mutual benefits to our members
- Building strong connections with our communities and acting responsibly to support our environment
For over 175 years our mutual status has served our members well, and we have no doubt it will continue to do so for many years to come.
We are not just about Wesleyan. We are all about our communities, our employees and most importantly - We are all about you.*Wesleyan Sales Survey 2014