In light of the recent outbreak of Coronavirus, we understand that you will be concerned about the potential impact of business interruption and the level of protection. Read more
Guiding you through the complexity of business insurance is our primary goal
Your surgery is exposed to a number of risks and trying to identify these to find the right protection can be a minefield. From calculating adequate levels of cover through to understanding the insurer terms of agreement, you may be paying for something that does not serve you when you need it to.
Not only that, being under insured could mean a shortfall in your payout should you need to claim. Our consultants will discuss your needs and discuss cover such as:
- Public Liability Insurance for Doctors - Up to £10m limit of indemnity
- Employers' Liability - with a £10m limit of indemnity
- Refrigerated drug and vaccine insurance - up to £50,000 at any one location with the option to increase if required
- Business Interruption - loss of income and additional expenses covered for 12 and 24 month claim periods
- Legal Expenses - cover automatically provided for up to £50,000 for things such as employment disputes, legal defence, contract disputes and tax protection
- Accidental damage to buildings and contents – protection against one-off and unintentional incidents like spillages and breakages
What’s not included:
Our surgery insurance providers are unable to cover everything within their policies.
- Buildings and contents - Wear and tear and gradual deterioration, vermin, rust, damp or mildew
- Business interruption - Any business interruption from compulsory closure
- Computer breakdown – loss or destruction of or damage to any computer equipment caused by malicious persons, hacking, virus or similar mechanisms. For this cover, you may need Cyber and Data Insurance
- Business Interruption - Loss of income arising from forced closure due to national and international government actions
Optional features available to enhance your cover, at an additional cost:Excess Protection
–should you need to make a claim on your insurance policy; you can claim your excess following successful settlement of your claim. You choose the upper limit the policy will pay out - typically £250 or up to a combined limit of £2,500Surgery Emergency Assistance
- If you need a little extra help in case of an emergency, our Surgery Assistance Plus cover offers a number of benefits including:
- Up to £1000 for parts and labour from an approved tradesman
- 24/7 emergency helpline available 365 days of the year
- Plumbing and burst pipe cover
- Cover for drainage problems, electrical breakdown, broken or damaged windows
Engineering Inspection - for goods / passenger lifts.
Our servcie promiseProvide expertise
- Our consultants have years of experience working with key individuals responsible for ensuring the business runs uninterrupted. Advice and guidance
- helping your business create an insurance policy that is individual to you.Reduce complexity
- Where necessary, we will appoint an appraiser to conduct a walkthrough of your surgery and assess your insurance needs. We have found time and again businesses are left under insured as the cover needs are not always up to dateSearch the market
- we work with providers such as Aviva, Allianz, Covea & Travelers giving you access to specialist business insurance underwriters and syndicates, which often aren't accessible to the general public. Explain the small print
- Insurance documents can be complicated and it's easy to overlook the small print. We will inform you of vital exclusions and limitations and talk you through the claims process when you need it. Service all year round
- Whether you need our assistance on a claim or simply want to discuss insurance needs as part of your business growth, we will be on hand to offer any advice or point you in the right direction. At renewal we will re-assess your needs, search the market and offer a policy that is suitable for the forthcoming year.Important information
Before you apply for Surgery Insurance, we recommend that you read the following document:
Commercial - Terms of Business Agreement
Click here to download Adobe Acrobat Reader
Limits, exclusions and charges do apply.
Full terms and conditions of the policy and cover, including the policy benefits and exclusions, will be contained in the Policy Wording and Policy Summary.
Risk must be acceptable to underwriters at normal terms.
Wesleyan Financial Services Ltd is a credit broker. Premium finance is provided by Premium Credit Ltd. Wesleyan Financial Services Ltd is a broker and our insurance products are provided by a number of insurers.