Skip to content

Please choose from the following:

Making a Claim

When making a claim, you need a quick, sensitive response. At Wesleyan, this is what you can rely on.

This page explains how to make a claim on your Wesleyan policy. If you have a policy through another provider, you will need to contact them directly. If you are unsure, please contact us.

Bereavement Advice Centre

There are many practical issues to manage when someone dies. Bereavement Advice Centre supports and advises people on what they need to do after a death.

Bereavement Advice Centre provide a free national helpline and website providing Bereavement Advice Centreinformation, advice and signposting on all the practical issues that arise around the time of and after a death.

These include registering the death, arranging a funeral and whether inheritance tax and probate are required. BAC can also help identify the most appropriate sources of support and provide their contact details.

Lines are open Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm (except public holidays).

Telephone: 0800 082 1215

Download the Bereveament Advice Centre leaflet.

Claiming on a policy where the Life Assured has passed away


How can I notify you of a death claim?


We appreciate the difficult nature of dealing with the passing of a loved one. The circumstances surrounding a claim on a policy will vary greatly, therefore please contact us where a customer adviser will assist you with your claim.

We will arrange for the necessary claim forms to be dispatched to you. These will detail the information we require in order for us to deal with your claim promptly.

Making a claim on an income protection policy


 How do I claim on my Income Protection policy?


We understand that in the unfortunate event of you becoming incapacitated, you will have a number of questions about the claims process. Please read Making a Claim - your questions answered for further information on what will happen when you claim and for additional frequently asked questions.

Making a claim on the Investment funds within your policy


How can I take money out of my policy?


If you require to take money out of your policy, we can either arrange for a cheque to be dispatched to you or send you any necessary paperwork for completion.

If you are sending in your request by mail, please note that we may need to send you correspondence for completion before processing your application.

We are unable to make payment to persons other than the policy owner(s).

Send your encashment request to:

Life Claims Department
Wesleyan Assurance Society
Colmore Circus
B4 6AR

Claiming the maturity proceeds from your policy


How do I claim the proceeds of a maturing policy?


Approximately 4 to 6 weeks before your policy is due, we will send you a maturity pack. In the pack, you will be given the opportunity to re-invest all or part of your policy into a variety of products. If, however, you choose not to take a further investment, a cheque request form will be enclosed in your maturity pack. In all cases, we require the return of the original policy document. If you require further assistance please contact us.

We are unable to make payment to anyone other than the policy owners.

Please send your claim request to:

Life Claims Department
Wesleyan Assurance Society
Colmore Circus
B4 6AR

Claiming the proceeds of your policy where the original policy document cannot be found


I have misplaced my policy document, will I be able to get a replacement?


If you need to replace your policy document (the Schedule), we will require you to complete an indemnity form. This form may be requested by contacting us.

Please note that if your policy is linked to a mortgage, the original document may still be with your mortgage lender. Alternatively, they may have made arrangements to send the policy document to the solicitors who dealt with the sale of your house. Please ensure that you take the necessary steps to establish if the policy has actually been lost as you may incur a cost for the replacement of your policy.


How do I claim on my Income Protection Insurance policy?


We understand that in the unfortunate event of you becoming incapacitated, you will need to know how to make a claim and what will happen. It is also likely that you will have a number of questions about the claims process.

Tracing policies that may be unclaimed


What do I need to do if I have an old policy that has not been claimed?


If you have a policy that you have forgotten about or are acting on behalf of a deceased family member, we may be able to help you trace the policy to enable a claim to be paid.
In order for us to deal with your claim promptly, please provide us with the following information:

  • Full name of policyholder
  • Policy number
  • Date of birth
  • Address from where payments were made or collected.
  • Premium receipt book or any other evidence that premiums were paid.

Whilst we will endeavor to trace your policy, if you do not have some or all of this information this will limit our ability to do so. In some circumstances we may need to ask you for further information.

If you are claiming on behalf of a deceased family member, we will provide you with details of the additional information we will require before a claim can be paid.

You may also wish to check the Unclaimed Assets Register (UAR). The Register contains details of unclaimed financial assets held by insurers, pension providers, financial institutions and listed companies.

The service is provided by Experian and aims to help you locate your lost assets and put you in touch with the financial providers to claim your money. Please note a fee, currently £25, is payable if you wish to carry out a search.

Industrial Branch Policies

In 1866 the Society began to transact industrial life assurance business for which premiums were collected weekly through a door-to-door collection service. These policies were often taken out to insure the life of a child or to cover funeral expenses.

The claim value on such policies is typically low, between �10-�15, as the premiums payable would often have been as little as a penny.

If you have one of these policies and believe it is unclaimed, contact us with the information listed above and we will try to trace the policy for you.

Please call us free on 0800 980 1263

Find Your Financial Consultant

Financial Consultant Form

More information about FCs

'WESLEYAN’ is a trading name of the Wesleyan Group of companies.

Wesleyan Assurance Society and Wesleyan Bank Ltd are authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Wesleyan Financial Services Ltd, Wesleyan Unit Trust Managers Ltd, Practice Plan Ltd and DPAS Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.  Advice about investments, insurance and mortgages is provided by Wesleyan Financial Services Ltd.

Click for more information about the Wesleyan group of companies.

© 2020 Wesleyan Assurance Society