A lifetime of financial planning and support
We know that it might feel difficult to find advice that’s based on your specific needs as a dentist, particularly as your priorities are likely to shift and evolve as you progress through life.
Specialising in providing financial advice to dental professionals, your local Financial Adviser understands the decisions that you’ll be faced with throughout your career, as well as the impact that these choices could have on your future plans, such as your pension(s) and the funds you’ll receive in retirement.
Working closely with you, your Specialist Financial Adviser will help you to make informed decisions that are aligned to the things that you want to achieve, such as finding the best mortgage deal, relocating to join a new practice or proactively preparing for your post-work years.
How we can help you build your financial future
Our financial planning and advice services for dentists are varied, including:
- Retirement planning - what kind of lifestyle do you imagine yourself leading in your post-work years? We have an in-depth understanding of the factors that could affect your funds, including the NHS Pension Scheme and the McCloud judgement, and can help you to prepare for the retirement you’ve been dreaming of.
- Fee-free* mortgage advice for dentists - whether you’re looking to re-mortgage, take your first step on the property ladder or invest in buy-to-let properties, our Specialist Mortgage Advisers understand dentists’ mortgages and how to secure the best deal for your needs, including access to exclusive mortgage lender offers.
- Moving from NHS to private dentistry - we support dental professionals throughout the entire process of moving from NHS dentistry to private practice; if you’re looking to make the move, we can provide you with the financial planning and practical guidance needed to actualise your private practice ambitions.
- Income protection planning - we’ll work closely with you to advise on plans and products and how strongly they align with your risk appetite, aspirations and financial goals.
- Investments and savings - we’ll work closely with you to advise on plans and products and how strongly they align with your risk appetite, aspirations and financial goals.
- Inheritance Tax planning - we all have an idea of what we’d like our legacy to look like. We can help you to formalise and protect your wishes, as well as advising on how to reduce the tax burden for the people who will inherit your estate through the use of gifts and trusts.
With expertise in financial advice for dentists, we can help you to realise your ambitions and achieve your financial goals at every stage in your life’s journey.
*Wesleyan Financial Services will be paid a fee by the mortgage lender upon completion of the loan. There are charges for investment advice and other services.
Your mortgage is secured on your home. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
Most buy-to-let mortgages are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Investments can go down as well as up, which means that you could get back less than you invest.
The Financial Conduct Authority does not regulate Inheritance Tax Planning and Trusts.
Tax treatment depends on the individual circumstances of each client and may be subject to change in the future.