Get a quote
Cover for your holiday home
Get a quote or give us a call
Get a quote or call 0808 271 2145
0808 271 2145
Get a quote

Protect your home away from home

Cottage in the countryside? Chalet by the sea? At Wesleyan Financial Services, we take the hard work out of finding an insurance policy that’s right for your UK holiday home. Whether you rent it out to holidaymakers or it’s your personal getaway, we’re here to help you leave your worries at the door.

  • Cover for your buildings and contents
  • Protects your holiday home when it’s occupied and empty
  • Alternative accommodation (for you and your paying guests)
  • Includes liability cover up to £5 million
  • Tailored policy from our panel of specialist insurance providers with personalised advice-based service
  • We'll aim to call you back with a quote in 10 minutes*

*Opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am-5pm.

How it works

What's covered?

Tailor your policy to include any of the following:

  • Property repairs: the cost of rebuilding or repair work on your property following an insured event such as a flood or a fire.
  • Contents cover: covers replacements and repairs for any lost or damaged contents such as TVs, carpets, and other furnishings.
  • Alternative accommodation: for you and your tenants if your holiday home isn’t fit to live in after an insured event
  • Theft or attempted theft cover: where there are signs of forced entry, such as smashed windows. Doesn't cover for theft resulting from leaving your windows or doors unlocked.
  • Cover for loss of rent: you’re protected for the rent you've lost if your tenants temporarily move out (due to an insured event).
  • Public liability of up to £5 million: covers costs and damages for any bodily injury or property damage that’s caused by an accident at your holiday home.
  • Water or oil damage: covers any damage caused by escaped water or oil. For example, leaks from fixed water tanks, domestic oil-fired heating installations or burst pipes.
  • Trace and access cover: covers the cost of locating the source of a leak and making the necessary repairs.
  • Subsidence, heave or landslip: covers the cost of work needed on the site of your property.
  • Replacement locks: covers the cost of replacing your locks if there’s evidence that your keys have been copied without your approval, or if your keys are stolen or lost.
  • Legal cover: covers personal injury and trespassing at your holiday home.

What's not covered?

While holiday home insurance can offer comprehensive cover, it can’t cover you for everything. Your policy won’t include:

  • Wear and tear: for example, worn carpets or damp formed over a period of time.
  • Guests’ contents: you won’t be covered for any damage or loss to contents that belong to your paying guests.

Optional cover

For an additional cost, you can upgrade your cover to include accidental damageYou can get cover for damage and loss to your buildings and contents. For furniture, carpet, sanitary ware and more.

Already a Wesleyan member? Save 20% on your insurance

Spend less on your next holiday home insurance policy with our exclusive member discount. Get the same comprehensive cover at a lower cost.

See eligibility criteria and terms and conditions

Frequently asked questions

  • How does holiday home insurance differ from standard home insurance?

    Standard home insurance covers your main residence, whereas holiday home insurance is designed specifically for secondary properties.

    Holiday home insurance also covers you for things that standard home insurance policies won’t, like cover for loss of rent.

  • What type of holiday homes can you find cover for?

    We arrange cover for a wide range of holiday homes across the UK, including chalets, cottages, lodges and cabins. If you’d like to speak to a member of the team about your holiday home before getting a quote, you can call 0808 271 2145.

  • How much does holiday home insurance cost?

    As a broker, we work with a range of insurance providers to find you the right policy for your holiday home. What you can expect to pay depends on a few factors:

    • The level of cover you need
    • The value of the building and contents
    • The size and location of the holiday home
    • How often it’s occupied

    Your premium can typically be paid annually or monthly.

  • My holiday home is overseas, can I still get cover?
    At Wesleyan Financial Services, we only find cover for holiday homes in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. If your holiday home is outside of the UK, we unfortunately can’t find you a policy.
  • Do I need additional cover if I'm letting my holiday home?

    No. We can find you a policy that covers your holiday home when it’s being rented by guests. This means you’ll be covered for property repairs, theft and more.

    One thing you won’t be covered for is guests’ contents. As they’re not part of the property, they aren’t covered by the insurance.

  • Can I still get cover if I leave my holiday home unoccupied?
    While this depends on the provider, most policies will cover you through lengthy periods of unoccupancy. You’ll need to comply with the ‘unoccupancy clause’ in your policy, which typically requires you to check on your property regularly. All of these details will be explained to you when you get a quote.

Insuring your holiday home

Whether it's a chalet, cottage or country mansion, your holiday home will need insuring in a slightly different way to your main residence.

Learn everything you need to know about holiday home insurance in this guide, including:

  • What holiday home insurance is
  • How to choose the right policy
  • How much it might cost to insure your holiday home

You may be interested in...

Home insurance

Insure your home with comprehensive cover for your buildings and contents. Ideal for houses worth up to £1,000,000 and belongings up to £75,000.

Non-standard home insurance

Protect your non-standard home with insurance that covers your buildings, contents and more. And with our 24/7 claims helpline, we’re only ever a phone call away.

Unoccupied home insurance

Protect your unoccupied home with comprehensive cover from a panel of leading insurers. For natural disasters, vandalism, theft and more.

Important information

Please note that limits, exclusions and charges do apply. Full terms and conditions of the policy and cover, including benefits and exclusions, will be provided when you get a quote. Risk must be acceptable to underwriters at normal terms.

Wesleyan Financial Services Ltd is a broker and our insurance products are provided by a number of insurers.

Key documents