Tailor your policy to include any of the following:
- Property repairs: the cost of rebuilding or repair work on your property following an insured event such as a flood or a fire.
- Contents cover: covers replacements and repairs for any lost or damaged contents such as TVs, carpets, and other furnishings.
- Alternative accommodation: for you and your tenants if your holiday home isn’t fit to live in after an insured event
- Theft or attempted theft cover: where there are signs of forced entry, such as smashed windows. Doesn't cover for theft resulting from leaving your windows or doors unlocked.
- Cover for loss of rent: you’re protected for the rent you've lost if your tenants temporarily move out (due to an insured event).
- Public liability of up to £5 million: covers costs and damages for any bodily injury or property damage that’s caused by an accident at your holiday home.
- Water or oil damage: covers any damage caused by escaped water or oil. For example, leaks from fixed water tanks, domestic oil-fired heating installations or burst pipes.
- Trace and access cover: covers the cost of locating the source of a leak and making the necessary repairs.
- Subsidence, heave or landslip: covers the cost of work needed on the site of your property.
- Replacement locks: covers the cost of replacing your locks if there’s evidence that your keys have been copied without your approval, or if your keys are stolen or lost.
- Legal cover: covers personal injury and trespassing at your holiday home.