Mutual benefits 2023
Terms and conditions
Mutual Benefits and Price Match Offers 2023
General Terms and Conditions applicable to both Mutual Benefits and Price Match Offers 2023 (the "Offers").
- The Offers apply only to insurance policies sold by Wesleyan Financial Services Limited (WFS).
- The Offers are only available to customers who are qualifying members of the Society and With Profits policyholders (excluding those whose only policy is a pension policy) as at 31 December 2022.
- The Offers are only available through our advised service for which a fee applies. There is no guarantee that the money you could save by using the Offers will be more than the cost of using this advised service.
- To claim the relevant Offer, please let WFS know that you are entitled to a reduction in your insurance premiums when you apply for an insurance policy.
- The Offers do not affect your statutory cancellation rights.
- No cash alternative will be offered.
- We are unable to offer insurance in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
- Any offer of insurance is dependent on the risks being acceptable to underwriters and exclusions may apply.
- If the policy is cancelled the refund will be calculated in relation to the proportion of time you held the policy before any refund is paid on cancellation, after the discount and less any charges or fees.
- These Terms and Conditions apply in addition to the Wesleyan General Insurance Terms of Business Agreement and are subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- None of Wesleyan or any of their agents or distributors will in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate participants or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the Offer(s) except where it is caused by the negligence of Wesleyan or their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon taking out a relevant policy.
- Wesleyan reserve the right to refuse to award the Offers to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions apply in addition to the Wesleyan Financial Services Ltd General Insurance Terms of Business Agreement.
- WFS reserves the right to replace the product options with an alternative or withdraw the Offer(s) at any time in its absolute discretion.
- In the event of fraud, abuse, and/or an error affecting the proper operation of the Offers, WFS reserves the right to end or suspend the Offers and/or amend these terms and conditions.
- Limits, exclusions and charges do apply. Full terms and conditions of the relevant policies and cover, including the policy benefits and exclusions, will be contained in the relevant policy wording and policy summary.
Additional Terms and Conditions applicable to Mutual Benefits Offer 2023 ("Mutual Benefits Offer") only.
- Members qualifying to receive the Mutual Benefits offer will be entitled to 20% off the total premium of the insurance policy and ancillary products excluding fees and charges (subject to the limit set out at paragraph 9 below).
- The Mutual Benefits Offer can only be used by the Member for an insurance policy where they are the policyholder and it is not transferable.
- The Mutual Benefits Offer can be used alongside additional discounts that may be offered by WFS.
- The Mutual Benefits Offer can only be redeemed against applications for: a. home insurance (buildings, contents or combined), car insurance (including family fleet), high value home insurance, high value car insurance, non-standard home insurance, landlord's insurance, specialist home insurance and gap insurance. b. travel insurance made online. c. surgery insurance and other commercial insurance products.
- If you would like a list of all personal and commercial insurance products that we offer, please contact us on 0808 301 4440.
- The Mutual Benefits Offer is only valid in respect of insurance policies which come into effect on or after 1 January 2023 and before midnight on 31 December 2023.
- The Mutual Benefits Offer is only available with approved policy applications.
- The Mutual Benefits Offer is only available as one discount per policy, but you can use your Mutual Benefit discount on multiple products.
- The maximum total discount that can be claimed under the Mutual Benefits Offer is £25,000 across all products.
Additional Terms and Conditions applicable to Price Match Offer for Car insurance ("Price Match Offer").
- The Price Match Offer is only available to new customers who do not currently have a car insurance policy with WFS. WFS will price match your renewal premium with your existing Insurer on a like for like basis.
- The Price Match Offer cannot be used alongside additional discounts that may be offered by WFS.
- The Price Match Offer is subject to minimum premiums of £170 per annum.
- The Price Match Offer applies to the insurance premium only and excludes additional fees, charges and charges for monthly instalments.
- To qualify for the Price Match Offer proof of your current car insurer's renewal notice must be provided, the risk must be acceptable to underwriters within our panel and the quote must be on the same terms.
- The Price Match Offer is only valid until 31 December 2023.