Get a quote
Claim your discount
Get a quote or give us a call
Get a quote or call 0808 271 5369
0808 271 5369
Get a quote

Why take out unoccupied home insurance?

An empty home is often at risk of theft and vandalism, not to mention the potential lasting damage from accidents that go unnoticed. With unoccupied home insurance from Wesleyan Financial Services, you can protect your property (and your pockets) with cover that’s built for your needs.

  • 20% discount for eligible Wesleyan members (terms apply)
  • Short-term, long-term and permanent cover
  • Get advice on the right policy for your property
  • Choose from a panel of leading insurance providers
  • Protection against storms, floods, fires, oil and water leaks
  • Includes theft, vandalism and public liability insurance
  • Request a quote and we'll aim to call you within 10 minutes*

* Opening times are Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm

How it works

While many standard home insurance policies won’t cover a vacant property, unoccupied home insurance is designed for just that. Whether you’re in the process of renovating, are in-between tenants or looking to sell, Wesleyan Financial Services can find cover to suit all kinds of scenarios and properties.

As a broker, we can advise you on a level of protection that’s right for you. Once we have a clear idea of your needs, we’ll find you a bespoke policy from our panel of leading insurers.

What's covered?

Depending on the level of protection you choose, your policy can cover:

Type of cover
How it works
Natural disasters
For damage to your home that’s caused by a fire, flood or storm.
Burst pipes and leaks
For damage caused by a leakage of water or oil somewhere in the house.
If someone successfully or unsuccessfully breaks into your home and steals your belongings.
Protects you from any criminal damage to your home. 
Public liability insurance
Covers you for any damage that you’re responsible for. For example, if a roof tile on your property falls and breaks a car window.

What’s not covered?

Unfortunately, insurance can’t cover you for everything. Your claim may be rejected for:

  • Unforced entry - If you leave your doors and windows unlocked or open, you’re providing thieves and squatters with easy access to your home. Insurance can only cover you for forced entry.

  • Contractors - If you’ve hired contractors to work on your home while it’s unoccupied, you might not be covered for any damage they cause. Generally, contractors should have their own insurance that will cover the damage.

Important information

Limits, exclusions and charges do apply. Full terms and conditions of the policy and cover, including the policy benefits and exclusions, will be contained in the Policy Wording and Policy Summary. Risk must be acceptable to underwriters at normal terms.

Wesleyan Financial Services is a broker and its insurance products are provided by a number of insurers.

The 20% offer is only available through our advised service for which a fee applies. There is no guarantee that the money you could save by using the offer will be more than the cost of using this advised service.

Key documents