Get a quote
Claim your discount
Get a quote or give us a call
Get a quote or call 0808 231 3783
0808 231 3783
Get a quote

Why get landlord insurance through Wesleyan Financial Services?

Enjoy 20% off landlord insurance from our panel of leading providers. Whether you’re renting out a single apartment or multiple properties, we can find you a policy without you having to go round the houses.

  • Exclusive discount for eligible Wesleyan members (terms apply)
  • Cover for buildings, contents or both
  • Property owners’ liability up to £5,000,000
  • Available for all types of properties and tenants
  • Tailor your policy from our panel of insurance providers
  • Landlord legal protection (at an additional cost)

What's covered?

We know that no two properties are the same, which is why as a broker, we’ll find you a policy that’s built for your needs. Through our advice-based service and panel of insurance providers, we offer policies that can include:

Type of cover
How it works
Multiple properties
Include multiple rental homes in one policy to protect your portfolio. Add extra properties as and when you need to, with cover tailored to each of your rental homes.
Malicious damage to buildings by tenants
You'll be covered for intentional damage to your property by your tenants, such as smashed windows.
Alternative accommodation or cover for loss of rent
You're protected if your property isn't fit to live in following an insured event (like a fire or a flood). Get alternative accommodation for your tenants or cover for the rent you've lost if your tenants temporarily move out.
Repairs or rebuilding of your property
If a fire, flood or other insured event leaves your property worse for wear, you're covered for repairs and rebuilding to restore your rental home.
Accidental damage to underground services
This covers services that you're legally responsible for. For example, domestic oil pipes, water supply pipes, underground sewers, drains and septic tanks.
Theft or attempted theft
Protect your property with cover for broken windows, doors and more.
Trace and access cover
Covers the cost of locating the source of a leak and making the necessary repairs.
Subsidence, heave or landslip
This covers the cost of work needed on the site of your property.
Public liability up to £5,000,000
Covers costs and damages for bodily injury or damage to your property caused by an accident on your property.

Cover available may vary depending on insurance provider

What’s not covered?

Unfortunately, landlord insurance can’t cover every eventuality, including:

  • Wear and tear - Includes worn carpets or damp formed over a period of time
  • Accidental damage or loss to contents - For items that belong to your tenants
  • Theft or attempted theft - For money, certificates, documents or valuables

Optional extras

Tailor your policy to provide extra peace of mind, with one of our optional extras. For an additional cost, you can add: 

  • Landlord legal protection - Covers costs for legal disputes such as eviction
  • Accidental damage or loss - For all your buildings and contents or just for fixtures and fittings (sanitary ware, carpets and free-standing furniture)

Frequently asked questions

  • What am I entitled to as a member?

    As well as getting 20% off landlord insurance, eligible Wesleyan members get exclusive access to discounts across a range of our insurance products.

    Explore our range of benefits to find out more.

  • Is it compulsory to have landlord insurance?
    By law, you don’t need to have landlord insurance. However, your mortgage provider may make it a condition of securing a mortgage, particularly if it’s a buy-to-let or landlord mortgage.
  • Is home insurance the same as landlord insurance?

    While there are similarities between the two, home insurance doesn’t offer the same level of cover as landlord insurance.

    Landlord insurance is designed to protect your rental properties. For example, it usually includes loss of rent and alternative accommodation cover. You can also opt for specialist landlord legal protection that covers you for legal expenses or disputes, such as eviction or malicious damage by your tenants.

  • Is landlord insurance tax deductible?

    In short, yes - landlord insurance is tax deductible.

    Landlords can claim certain costs relating to the running and maintaining of their rental property as a business expense. This means you can deduct the cost of insuring your buy-to-let property from your rental income when calculating how much income tax you owe, and therefore reducing your tax bill.

Important information

Limits, exclusions and charges do apply. Full terms and conditions of the policy and cover, including the policy benefits and exclusions, will be contained in the Policy Wording and Policy Summary. Risk must be acceptable to underwriters at normal terms.

The offer is only available through our advised service for which a fee applies. There is no guarantee that the money you could save by using the offer will be more than the cost of using this advised service.

Tax treatment is dependent upon individual circumstances.

Key documents